|zzz by *ntdevont|
However many people have problems falling asleep early, so I put together a short list of things to do before going to bed.
These activities will help you not only fall asleep faster, but also improve the quality of your sleep.
- Be wary of what you eat last. Avoid eating anything sugary before bedtime.
- Create a sleepy environment. Warm, cozy and dark.
- Speaking of dark, do not expose your eyes to any bright light. Why? Because your brain will misinterpret this light as sunlight and keep you awake.
- Prepare your mind for sleeping. Do not think of bills or any problems you may have, what are you going to solve at this time of the day anyways? Leave it for the morning time, when your mind is more active and focused.
- Read a book.
- Consciously relax every single muscle in your body, starting with your feet and working your way up.
- Breath using your diaphragm. This process of breathing is slower than abdominal breathing, and so your hearth rate and blood pressure will slow down, making you feel relaxed.
- Listen to nature sounds such as rain, wind, beach waves or birds.
- Give yourself a foot massage. This is very relaxing.
- Use one of these oils for room perfume or for the foot massage: Chamomile, Lavender or Cypress. These essential oils are great for insomnia.